Sunday, August 29, 2004
Monday Demonstrations Protesting RNC
- Disabled American Veterans rally, 10 a.m., Eighth Avenue and 31st Street
- The Still We Rise Coalition, more than 40 New York City groups covering issues including immigration, housing/homelessness, health care/AIDS, welfare reform, education and criminal justice/civil rights and liberties, gathers at 11 a.m. at Union Square and marches toward Madison Square Garden for rally
- Billionaires for Bush hold "Vigils for Corporate Welfare," noon at Union Square and 4 p.m. at United Nations.
- Jews for Racial and Economic Justice rally, 1 to 4 p.m., Plaza Hotel, Fifth Avenue and Central Park South
- NYC AIDS Housing Network and Hip Hop Summit Action Network rally, 1 p.m., Union Square to Eighth Avenue and 31st Street
Poor People's Economic Human Rights rally, 1 p.m., Dag Hammarskjold Plaza